June 20, 2010

Zip-line adventure in Antipolo

I often dream of flying even when I was a kid. Yesterday, I lived the dream. I flew 30 feet high, 106 meters far, for about 15 seconds; all this happened while I was wide awake and screaming on the top of my lungs.

Thanks to the inventors of the pulley system, without them the zip-line would not be possible. The zip-line is a combination of a pulley system on a cable attached to an incline. Zip-lines are chiefly used to traverse forest canopies. These days, the zip-line is becoming a popular outdoor recreational activity for adventurers and tourists alike.

I got to experience the zip-line at the Loreland Farm Resort in Antipolo. One ride costs P100, fortunately, I tried it for free. Complimentary tickets were given to our group. Yay! 

I heard that the zip-line course at the Picnic Grove in Tagaytay is 300 feet high and 250 meters long. I hope to try this soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...